Thursday, May 24, 2012

All Is Well

Have you ever sat and thought about everything that you have?  I am sitting here in a beautiful home, with lights and comfortable furniture. I am next to my brother who, in my mind, is one of the most incredible kids on the earth, and I think how am I so lucky.  I think people ask God, "how could this happen to me," when things get hard or something goes wrong.  Tonight I find myself asking that same question but opposite. How come I got to be so lucky?  Why was I born into an amazing family? Why did I have the privilege to grow up in America and have the freedom and ability to realize my dreams?  How come I got to grow up in the Gospel, when I was taking advantage of it and somebody else had to go through a lot of hard trials in order to come unto Christ?


I love my life, family, religion, education, home and dreams.  I have everything I could ever need or want and yet I forget.  I forget what I have and look to what I want.  I forget who I am and try to be what I am not.  My eyes are then opened to the lives of others and the hard things that they have to go through.  I watch Lexe Selman, two days before her 18th birthday, smile and laugh as her mom injects syringe after syringe of her medicine, helping her battle leukemia and watch her body deteriorate from so much chemotherapy. I watch the video of Stephanie Nielson who suffers from severe burns all over her body, say she is lucky and that loves the trials that come her way. I am grateful fro those around me that go through trials and help me realize all that I really have.  I am so grateful for everything.  I am grateful o be me, to have the siblings and parents that I do.  I am grateful for this gospel that constantly gives me the hope and love for the greater things in life. 





“In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.” 
 Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment