Wednesday, September 8, 2010

letter #11

Hi family! How are all of you!? I am so great! I just got back from the temple which as always was a great experience! Everyone left either yesterday morning or this morning. It is kinda really boring without them. I am grateful for the extra days we have here but its sad with everyone I spent the last 12 weeks with gone. I am excited for all of them though! We will be doing all of our packing today and tomorrow and then we leave early on Friday! I don't know how to do calling cards so I will do my best to figure it out and call you! I am so excited! But I really an terrified! Yikes!
That is so neat about Sister Robinson! I will have to keep an eye out for her! She will train either Carpenter, Zenger or I but I will for sure meet her! How exciting! Wow We will be in Ukraine in a week. I am freaking out. I am a little nervouse because I am not so hot at speaking Ukrainian. My memory is rough. I learn a lot of words and grammar concepts and I forget them. I think I am going to still blame that on Heather and the Brick! :) ha ha kkidding. But it is frustrating because my teachers tell me "come on you should know this." or "you gotta remember this stuff" As always I smile and giggle (my awkward unfomfortable giggle) and keep going. I am so blessed with optimism its wonderful. I love life and love all the challenges I have because I know that I am only getting stronger! What a blessing Heavenly Father can make even me, the weakest person and make me strong. With his power I can do anything. That gives me so much joy! As long as I am doing His work His way I can do all things! Hooray! I have the best companion in the mission. They Holy Ghost and the Armies of Heaven with me. Ukraine doesn't know whats coming! ;)
Today at the temple I saw Natalia. I am sure I always talk about her. But she started out as the living breathing walking fear I have. She would rip me apart for my language and for my teaching and make me want to cry if I wan't already doing it. But through it all she has made me so strong and for that I am grateful. I saw her int he temple today and waited for her to come over. I gave her a hug and told her how grateful I was for her and that I loved her and would be so excited if she came to Ukraine and I could see her there. Ot see her after. It was a great to see how I literally took on my greatest fear or combination of my fears and concord it. Now We are freinds! (even though she hated me for calling her the wrong name the first time I taught her) ha ha OOPS!
This week has been interesting with everyone leaving. We get to have ALL the Kiev missionaries in our class now. It was 6 and now there are 11 its packed! Its great fun though. Sister Zenger is out companion now and I love her so much! I really do! What a great girl! Her Russian is outstanding! I wish she knew how amazing she was at the language! It's interesting to have a 3some. I need to make sure I ALWAYS include everyone! I don't want anyone to feel left out! Thats stinks!
Mom, I will have more things for you that I don't need the package you will get is my "LOVE" package for the family! I meant to send it last week and never got incontact with Erica! Its great to see her I love her! It was funny I jumped on her the 1st time! But anyways Yes I need vacuum pack bags I think you can get them at wlmart but they aren't really vacuum packed you can rool them up and not use an actualy vacuum. That is what I need. If at all possible three or so! I need to get my coats and towels and robe and packed in my suitcase with all my new books and stuff! So 3 maybe even 4 would be SO helpful! Also this si last minutes so you probably can do it but I heard about "earth shoes" you can get them at University mall. They are for walking and strengthening your legs as you walk. All the sisters have them and there are even some cute ones. I figured that would be good because I really only have 2 pairs of shoes. I have all the cute ones you sent me but those aren't good for walking. and I feel my mission president wouldn't approve of the bright pink :( Let me know what you think
Dad, Can you send me the lyrics to the irish folk song you sang at my farewell. I REALLy wnat them. Dear Elder them to me so I can see them now. I would LOVE that!
Family, I love you all so much. I can't believe I have been gone for almost 3 months! Time sure does fly! I love what I am doing. I am blessed so much by It. I have changed a lot but I sure hope I continue to grow and learn and come closer to the spirit and my savior. I know that in order for me to teach I have to have to spirit with me at all times! The spirit is the true teacher and not me. If I don't teach a single thing but the investigator feels and learns of the spirit i will be happy. I love being on a mission. I hope all my freinds get to come do this. I know It is the best thing in the whole worls. And its only 18 months long. That is nothing in the eyes of God it is the least we can do to give back to our Savior. He has given us everything. He suffered for us. How dare I complain about childish things. My life is easy. We are all living amazing lives. Its our fault if we don't open our eyes and realize how lucky we are. Every night I write in my journal the miracle and blessing that happened in my day. They more you look for it the more you really have. I would encourage you to do the same. As you notice the blessing of Heaven, Heavenly Father will bless you with more.
I love you all so much. Thak you for your love and support I really feel it as I am struggling. Luckily, I know where I am and Why I am here and then it is all great! I am so excited for life. Things are wonderful. I can't wait to hear more about everyones life! Heather Yes you can just e-mail me. Everyone can in fact I would recommend it to everyone. That wya I know what Is going on. I don't know if I can e-mail friends back yet or not but I will find out in Ukraine this week. But I would Love to have e-mails from everyone! I will do my best to respond how ever I am allowed! I love you all. Thanks for helping me do this amazing work!
Your daughter,
Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment