Monday, September 26, 2011

Letter #62 September 12


Well Ukraine is amazing yak zavjdiy! (as always) Ha it looks like a made an accident on typing yeay for Ukrainian.

So this week we had a BAPTISM! What a great week! Well First off it was a little slow we were doing a lot of tedious work but it was okay. We were doing what we could it just wasn't feeling as outstanding as we always hope for. But we had some great lessons with potential investigators that are referrals from a young RM they are her roommates we had FHE and made brownies then met some members now that I think about it we were running around a lot because we were busy but then Thursday came and we went to the TEMPLE! It was AWESOME! A group from Romania was there! Talk about warming my soul! I loved it but we couldn't communicate at all Well get this! So I say what I thought meant how are you that is what the onisimus boys taught us and her eyes got all big and was like NO NO NO and put her hands in a X and I was like whoops I totally said something bad. So i think the boys must have played a trick on us but she said baptisty baptisty so maybe only the baptists say it ha ha i repented for saying something bad in the temple i just don't know what i said. ha ha i felt bad. So then we had a great lesson with these disables members and they were so excited to see all the new pictures of Charlotte! Heather and Chard she prayed the most beautiful prayer about your daughter she blessed her to be happy and always active in the church and full of charity it was cute!

So then after that we were on a bus and President called. I always get nervous when he calls but then he was answering a question about speaking in tongues ( I don't know how to answer when people ask about speaking in tongues when it talks about it in 2 nephi 31 feel free to answer your feelings) and he told us that Sister Stiles and I have been leading the whole mission every week of the transfer. I was shocked. I knew we were doing good but leading the mission!? WHAT!? well that was all then he laughed and said Stay humble ha ha and then that was it. I love President Klebingat he is so funny. So that crazy but a little bit of cool info!

Well then we had a lesson in a bar! yikes I was so bold I think I was more bold than EVER This lady was so sad her son dies and has refused to let herself be happy for 3 years. She cries and says she wants to change and we happy then her mind immediately changes and she says she doesn't want to. It's weird Her soul is aching for the gospel but her mind won't let her. Pray for her to overcome that and be truly ready to do all that is required to embrace The cleaning power of the Atonement and gospel of Jesus Christ. Her name is Volya.

Saturday BAPTISM! President's letter explains the main parts of the day. EXCEPT! We had a recent convert who is a professional singer going to sing at the baptism well he couldn't come so his wife just said for us to sing (SISTER SCHMIDT IS NOT A SINGER) so I ask the elders to sing with us and they say no. So then we had to sing pretty much soloed child's prayer did terrible almost cried then then no one was leading so i jumped up to lead because i felt the responsibility on my shoulders and then had no clue how to lead right then i look int he back and sister klebingat (SO intimidating) and her two sounds were leading trying to have me follow them I really almost cried then after she told me not only how to lead but how i should learn how to sing better oh also did i mention i have a cold and couldn't breathe? yeah it wanted to DIE! but its okay though because WE HAD A BAPTISM! Ha well anyways I ran out of time wish me luck writing my essays! LOVE YOU ALL!

Keep the faith

Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment