Sunday, December 19, 2010

Letter #24 December 13th

Hello loved ones!
NEWS: NADIA GOT BAPTISED!!!!!!!
Okay now I will explain! Nadia is the 40 year old woman that just showed up to the temple interested in knowing more. She is the one that had the vision and new that Joseph Smith wasn't lying because she also saw Jesus Christ. So she isn't actually crazy! People here are just really in tune with the spirit! I moved out of her area but Sister Robinson still met with her. I found out on Monday they set a date with her! YEAY She asked me to say the closing prayer at her baptism. Not a lot of people were there but it was so great. I loved it so much. She came running at me when she say me and hugged me and said "my little angel" I almost cried! She is so great! I feel such a connection with her! I love her and she makes yummy food! :) There are so many baptisms here! Which brings up the next thing!
The mission already has over 30 people with baptismal dates on Christmas day! How cool is that!!!! Hopefully they will all go through. and one of them is ours. There will be 9 in Borshahivskiy at 12 aka right before I call home! We are going to have a white Christmas for sure! I am so excited! So her name is Baba Lilia (baba is for baboosya= grandma) she is 75 and a little crazy she tried to get baptised a year ago but lets just say it went really wrong and she came up to us and is ready for a second dip! We are trying to have some others commit to the 25th so keep praying!
Have I told you I love center? Oh yeay I already have a million times but it's true! Missionary work is so much fun! I love being a missionary. Plus in center I keep warm because the Metro is warm. I swear my body is so confused! I start sweating with all my heavy clothes on for the cold when I am in the metro but then I go outside and my sweat freezes on me and makes me even colder. ha ha its weird but I am just grateful to be warm at some points in the day! Which reminds me Yes mom I did get a winter coat! It's warm (ugly but warm) Let's just say it's not the 1,000 dollar coat that I had my heart set on :) Sister Larsen and I am having lots of fun together! It cracks us up all the things we do! It's so great. She is an amazing missionary! I am learning so much from her! It's weird if you go out with her family after Christmas she could come with you! ha ha I am so sad she is leaving on the 30th. I will miss her! She is helping me be a better missionary. It's really good to serve with other people so you learn so many different ways to be a good missionary!
Well I love you all so much thanks for your e-mails, love, support, and prayers! You are all so great can't wait for next week to hear your updates. (I think they are cool even if you think they are lame still let me know whats up) LOVE YOU! Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment