Saturday, January 8, 2011

Letter #25 December 20th


Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! Sad news I have already been out six months!!!!!!!! Where did that tiome go! I only have a year left! WEIRD! Rememer the picture of us wanting to put a tree up... we did it! We are all ready for Christmas! Presents under the tree lights up music going and stockings hung. can you say HO HO HO! I love this time of year!
So it''s Christmas time and it snow a little everyday. It's not terribly cold which is nice and I am in the warmest area of the mission I think. Because we ride metros with a million people and we are all smashed next to each other getting warm. Ukrainians don't really have personal bubbles like Americans do which can be good and bad I guess.
So this week We went to the temple!!!! I LOVe the temple. I made it a goal to go once a week after I get home and when I first get home I am going to do all the ordinances in a row from start to finish in one day! Won't that be so cool! You all can do it with out me now and then do it when I get home with me. while we were in the temple we saw everyone we know. It was really cool for sister Larsen because all her really close couples in he ward that she knows was there and they were all so excited to see her. It was amazing to see how peoples faces just light up when they saw her. I loved it. They take such good care of her and you can tell they truly love her. I want to create relationships with the members her like that. It's just difficult now because I don't understand them. I want to understand everything they say to me so I can truly be happy for them or sad for them but I just don't know what they say to me. It's a bummer sometimes.
But good news is that I am starting to understand Russian. and I LOVE it when people speak Ukrainian to me. I feel so much smarter because I really understand Ukrainian now. It still kicks my bum everyday but not as bad as normal. It hard when my comp speaks all the time so everyone speaks Russian back. I hope that this next transfer I get a mini missionary (native volunteer) so that I can really improve my language abilities. That would be so cool and SO hard. But i think I am ready for that challenge. Oh and sister Larsen leaves the 30th and the transfer doesn't end till the 4th so I will be with Sister Besieger who has only been out for two transfers. and speaks Russian! Ha ha we are going to get really lost I think! and really confused because we don't understand anyone! Wish us luck and pray hard because I have to step up to the plate and senior comp for a week and I don't know how to be a missionary yet! just kidding. I hope this doesn't sound down at all! Because Ia m not down at all!!! I am so happy right now! I just love being a missionary I love being push by the Lord to do hard things and I love that he helps me do everything I am supposed to do. I love the phrase (switched around) When much is required much is given. I know this is so true for me! The Lord is there helping me do everything and I know that in these next three weeks I am being pushed hard and i will be able to do everything he wants me to do so that I can do the things that are required of me!
I love being a missionary I am so grateful for my calling and this work. I love this time of year so that we can really focus on what matters! I can't wait to hear from you this week
Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment