Sunday, April 17, 2011

Letter #40 April 11th

Guess what I have lots of fun surprises! First I am in Kiev! Weird right. So here is all the great news I will tell you highlights then give detials!
I am in Kiev
Yulia is getting baptized
I just went to the temple
Conference was awesome!
Okay Why am I in kiev? I am getting a new companion today. I will be serving with Sister Kaekaoha? She is from Hawaii she is in her 4th transfer like sister Whitney. I am officially on my 8th companion. So here is how my week went. Yulia Texted me and said sister schmidt I love you I have a huge desire to get baptised. I said thats great when will you do it. She said I dunno I want you there. So I said well I know I will be in Kiev for only one day. I know it will be in the next two weeks, its possible that you could get baptised when I am there if you truly know it is right and you want to. She said YES I want to! So I called President immidiately and asked if that was possible if I was in Kiev if I could go to her baptism. He said if it works out he will let me go. So I called her and told her and then president called the assistants to find out when. Well they planned it when she would be in a completely different city. I was so sad so I told the assistants it doesn't work out but thanks. Then President told them to do what they had to but get me at that baptism! :) I was SHOCKED so they changed the date. At first I thought next tuesday so I told her that it would be in a week and a half and she was like cool I am excited then The assistants called when they got the text about her baptism and told me they ment tuesday in 5 days. My jaw dropped I texted her right as I fond out which was right before bed and she said okay i still love oyu. so she agreed to get baptized in 5 days! So Now it is five days later! I am in Kiev and she is getting baptized tonight. She even was in L'viv this weekend and we met togheter and watched conference and it was so great. Everything is going great with her. I don't want her to get baptized because of me and I made it VERY clear that she has to do it because it is what she wants to do. But I think that this was a miracle and just what she needed to get her to puch and just do it. I am so excited we talk lots and I don't understand how I help her so much but we truly have that relationship. When you come t Kiev you will meet her and love her just as much as I do! I will send you pictures soon! So Yesterday we had Zone Meeting in L'viv with President. He was excited fer her baptism and glad it worked out for me to be abel to go. So We jumped on a train last night at 8 and then got her int he morning at 6 it was the worst train so far. I couldn't sleep at all. If it wasn't for such a great day today I would have beenin a mad mood! :) So we got up ate some McDonalds (yes I must be getting fat!) and headed to the temple. We did a sessiona nd I saw my old mini it was great and lots of members that I never got to say good bye to. We then will go see a lady that I adore in Center and have dinner with her then head to the baptismm where we will arrange our own sisters transfer. (All the sisters are being moved except the trainee and trainer and sister whitney and her mini. President did this because he was trying to avoid lots of white washes) So tongiht at the baptism all of the sisters in kiev will meet watch Yulia get baptized then head to the train station with new companions. So now flash back..... 4 weeks ago I was supposed to go on exchanges with Sister K to L'viv I had a freak out because I had a dream we were getting white washed in L'viv. Last secong I went with Sister Robinson instead. So Now I am serving with sister K and have the closest thing to a whitewash. Funny huh!
So there you have my news. Okay next conference. Oh my heck. It was crazy I loved it so much buit I was shocked on so much about families. I feel like I got put in my place by the prophet and the apostles. I was a little to focused on NOT getting married for quite a while after my mission. And of course I still have plans and things I want to do but I think I have to be a little more open to the idea that marriage can happen even if I am not 26 yet. So I am leaving it up to the Lord but I am just grateful that I have lots of time on my mission and I really don't need to think about those kind of things. Trunky? Maybe? ha ha nah! I love my mission just too much! I am excited for life with a family and all of that but I still have to learn how to be a good person and to be the best me so I can be the best for somone else. Oi so much to do and to become! Good thing we have the Lord's help right!
Zone conference was awesome! We are writing a letter to the prophet signed by every single one of us that we will do everything in our power to get 200 baptisms in 2011. So we all have asacrifices that we are working on I have a few 1 talk to at least one person on every transportation 2 be in my missionary clothes at 8 (sometimes I liked my sweats too much) 3 ask for 200 baptisms in 2011 in every prayer and a few others but I feel like I truely need a spiritual one that will show the Lord I really want it. I would love any advice that you can give me. What would really be a great sacrifice for me?
I want to be uch an incredible missionary. I feel like this is truel the place to start froma new. We both will be so new don'treally have investigators and have the potential to blow L'viv out of the water (actually we want to blow them into the water.... of baptism) So I am trying to truly do everyting I am supposed to do. I also want to do it because of the love I have for the work not just go through the motions. I want to love it and thrive on the work. I wan to eat seep and drink missionary work. I wnat it that way but then something little happens and i get a little distracted or a little tired. Thyen I am just going through the motions. So I am committing now to all of you to do eveything I can to have my heart in this work. I love you al. I love this work, ukraine, missions, temple, baptisms. Gee Ijust loev Life all toghether! ha ha President Told me I am just one really happy missionry! Yep! Thats me I loveto be happy! Love you all pray for L'viv to be ready for Sister K and I!
Sister schmidt
Ps not checking my spelling good luck with the gift of tongues to be able to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment