Sunday, April 3, 2011

Letter #37 March 20

okay 12 minutes and counting! Here is goes.....
Hi again, I feel like I was just at Internet yesterday weird! It was great to here from everyone. I love you all so much and It means so much to me that you all write me. Thanks so much! Confession M and D still haven't sent that letter but it's written. Big updates, I think this week was a great and eventful week hooray!
Uh... hit my 9 month mark.... how did that happen!? Bad news I am still not the missionary I want to be and I have a lot less time to change and completely be a new better and improved sister Schmidt! AH
President Larry H. Lawrence is the man! He was incredible and so is his adorable wife. I would love to marry an amazing man that is so powerful in testimony and just a powerhouse of the gospel, but the problem is I don't make the cut in what it would take to be the wife of that find of man. Seriously she was outstanding. She gave and incredible talk about the gather of Israel and opened my mind. It was awesome, all i want to do is study about the tribes of Israel.. There was so much I didn't truly know or understand. I have so many subjects that I want to study and learn throughout my life. I want to be a wealth of knowledge about the gospel. There is so much to learn and to know. I know I will spend my whole life studying everyday and then at the end of my life I will get to heaven and think, wow Still didn't know about..... Oh well all we can do is try. After all we only have 10% brainpower on this earth.
I had three opportunities to hear from President Lawrence. He got me all fired up about the work. I think I find myself going through the motions to much and when I stop and look I have forgotten my heart somewhere along the way. If my heart is not in these work them I am just running through the motions and it is all for nothing. It is my obligation to be a testifying and challenging missionary. If I am not doing my part then the investigators we are teaching and suffering because I am not doing what I am supposed to do. I am so grateful for this gospel. We need to truly see what we have. I took advantage of the gospel of the gospel my whole life. I didn't read the scriptures everyday and I would even forget to pray every morning and night. It's about the little things. If we think we are on the right track because we have a temple recommend and go to the temple once a month or even more often but fail to read the scriptures everyday and truly pray with all the energy of heart then we aren't getting it. In order to endure to the end we have to feast upon the words of Christ everyday. We have to love God and our fellow man. 2Nephi 31:20 We can't just say we are doing the big things and everything will work out. It's in the little things. My small and simple means great things come to pass. Alma 37:6. So ready for the missionary challenge. Be what we preach. Read your scriptures everyday, Love those around especially when it is hard and pray to your Heavenly Father and communicate with him. He wants to know how you are doing he doesn't just want to bless your food that it will nourish and strengthen you. Find your heart in it and don't just go through the motions. i love you all. Have a great week!
Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment