Sunday, March 20, 2011

Letter #36 March 13

Hello my dearest family,
Good news... I still love my mission! ha So things have been good I went to L'viv. Oh boy, Trains. So our train left at 10 at night and we got to L'viv at 7:40 in the morning. I struggled all night to sleep comfortably. I am good at sleeping so poor sister Robinson who is not good at sleeping, she struggled more than i did. Well we got there and I hate to say but, L'viv just isn't what I pictured. I heard SO much about it so I made this dream town up in my mind and it wasn't like that. I hope I still serve one more here in Kyiv and then Head out to L'viv I love this area nd i don't want to leave it. But where the Lord wants me I will go. I think it will be prettier in the spring and summer when it is not so snowy and dreary. I really would love to serve with Sister Podvodova there though. That is the one thing I wouldn't mind about serving their in a
I LOVE kyiv so much. I have the best area, best members and great companion, with the most adorable investigators!
This week was a HUGE holiday the 8th of March! It is woman's day and the celebrate it a ton. So take note I expect all of you to celebrate it when I get home. It's neat they do everything for all women and girls not just Mothers like on Mother's day. They buy flowers and don't let you work and the thank you for existing. It's cute! All the Elders for district meeting bought us chocolate and roses waiting for us. Sweet little boys.
Wow I think for the first time I am at a loss for words. I don't really have anything new to say or anything. I just wish you could all be here and see all that I see and be here for my ups and my downs. It truly is funny how it can be a roller coaster of emotion. But it's not as bad as it was in my first two transfers. I don't nearly cry as much. ha ha I think the last time I cried was a LONG time ago. That's a good sign right! I am loving it here so much! I just love being a missionary. But man I am still not as good as I want to be. I translated for Americans that were here adopting children and It was SO hard I was terrible at it. They were so nice and funny! I just loved them. One lady really touched my hear her name is K Shaw she is from Orem she can't be more than 30 and is adopting a 16 year old girl. She saw her in Utah on a host thing and new it was her daughter. She doesn't speak English and the mom doesn't speak Russian she has no idea how to communicate with her daughter. AH that would be so hard! The other man I adored was with his second wife adopting three children. His first wife and three children died in a car accident 4 years ago you might know about their story and then he had 3 others die of cancer so he only has two kids from his first marriage and then she has 4 of her own and thy are adopting 3 together! What cool amazing people.
Well Update tomorrow we have a huge zone conference with someone from the area presidency. President has been freaking out for a month about it. I am super stoked! Then President Lawrence is his name we have to leave at 6:20 to be on time! that means we have to be up at like 5! Yikes! I better not fall asleep during it!
We already know who our new mission president is. He is from Germany his wife is from Ukraine they are in their 40's you can look them up on the church website and read about them!
shapka's 50-150 dollars Buy or not buy?
Camera? Buy or not buy!?
I am sorry I spend so much money! I am such a pain. I love you all so much! This was such a random e-mail. Pray that I receive incredible Revelation at the zone conference! I am in need of it! Thanks!
Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment