Sunday, March 6, 2011

Letter #34 February 28th

Hello one and all!
It's a beautiful day in Kyiv Sister Schmidt is smiling because the sun is out and there is blue skies. I find myself struggling to be super happy and excited it is is cloudy and grey. And Let me tell ya it has been cloudy and grey! Mild case of seasonal depression? Possibly. but bci odho! because it is beautiful today and I am a happy little missionary. Whats new in Kyiv?.... nothing. What's new in my missionary life?... Everything! I Love being a missionary (nothing new just felt like restating it) Can you believe I am a missionary. Sometimes it freaks me out especially because this month (March) I hit my half way mark. Yeah tell me about it I am going to come home before you even start missing me. Freaks me out just as much as it does you. Still don't know the language, still don't know how to be a missionary, but still loving live trying to learn these things. I just hope I get the hang of it before I blink and I am already home!
This week we had some GREAT experiences and miracles! Yeay! I love miracles. So your prayers are appreciated and working. So updates on our amazing investigators! Youlya (20 yrs old) prayed (last week) and knelt and asked if she should be baptized on the 12th of March. Next time we saw her she said that she said she is not ready and doesn't think its right. I was CRUSHED! o the next lesson we had was with Andre (23) and youlya together. We had a great lesson and I felt prompted to ask her about her thoughts on baptism again and she told us this long story about seeing people readying books everywhere, and as the end I said so what do you think about what does that all mean and she said "I think it's a sign" Yeah my jaw dropped too! I told her that's exactly what it was and that she needs to get baptised. she agreed but (there i always a but always that's the kicker) she wanted to get baptised with Andre who hasn't received a sign. I prayed my little heart out I was walking on clouds all evening! I knew they were getting baptised and they were coming to the baptism the next day oh and Andre knelt at the end of the lesson and prayed about baptism! So at the baptism we had another lesson with them and was super spiritual. He said he still hasn't received a sign and doesn't want to pray about an actual date. He says after he receives a sign then he will decide a date. once again crushed. I felt like my heart got stomped on. No I didn't loose the faith I just want it SO ad for them. They need to want it like I want it for them! Ah! So they said they will probably get baptised in a month or two but They have to be careful or that it going to go away and they will never get there.
Next situation.... Natalia (22) she wants it she wants an answer she wants and knows it is important to get baptized. We ended our lesson with her praying and kneeling and asking if she should also get baptised on the 12th of March. Well sh came to church yesterday and asked the ladies in the ward what is wrong with her and why she still hasn't received a sign. It was so neat that she felt comfortable asking for their advice! She is incredible! I think she truly wants it but expects something bigger than just a feeling but she says that is all she expects but. We really need to help her get it she is ready and willing. Please keep praying for these people. They are so amazing and truly have humbled themselves and want to do what it right. they just need to have the faith to do what is necessary. I think all the time of the scripture it is only after the trial of your faith that you receive a witness. It's that way in all of our lives. Not even focused on things such as church but we find ourselves needing to make decisions about life, school friends and work and we need to have the faith to decided what you are going to do, ask your Father in heaven if it is what he wants for you and then GO and DO!
I am so grateful for this Gospel it has made all the difference in my life. This week my companion has been feeling ill and we were at home last night talking. We were talking about our lives and how we have changed and become different people. I am forever indebted to my savior. He is the only way I have been able to be where I am today. The atonement is so real. I think about Alma the younger and how he was one of the "vilest of sinners" and through the atonement he was able to change his life and devote himself to the serve of saving souls. I relate it to me and how now I am on the Lords Errand. I have the opportunity to help save my brothers and sister her in Ukraine and I owe it all to my Savior. He literally saved me from a life of sin and sorrow. I now find myself surrounded by His love and mercy everyday of my life. I have found the joy and comfort that we read about in the scriptures. I love this work I love who I am becoming and I love helping my brothers and sister feel the love of their Savior. I love you all and I thank you for your love, example, and strength that I feel everyday!
Sister Schmidt

1 comment:

  1. I miss her so much!! She sounds like an amazing missionary and i am SO proud of her. Thanks for posting her letters :)

    ReplyDelete