Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Letter #51 June 27th

Hi Family!
Well Today is Sister K's Birthday!!!! She is 22 too. This morning at 1 i woke up and decrated our kitchen with streamers from left over Leis and I worte her a sign and then wrte all over the mirrors for her. Needless to say I am a little tired from my "sleepwalking". Well I have so much to say and such a little amount of time so I apologize fro this sloppy writing and spelling! Well This has been a good week It was transfer week but as you can tell We stayed together. We are excited about it but I kinda thought I was leaving but I am super glad to be here in L'viv still. Especially because we had the Luau.

The Luau... was outstanding! We worked SO hard and it paid off. I am serious. I was shocked at how well it went so many people came! We were really excited. The lace looked great. We had palm trees hanging in the air flowers on the walls and a beach sign by the window. We hada skit gret hawaiian food and great music (Mom marley may or may have not trunked 5 f the 7 missionaries out but it was all good) We had lots of members bring friends less actives came it was great. So funny story sister K and I went out with leis on contact and inviting peole so come and we totally got soaked. It rained and we couldn't hide so we got to the church and were sopping wet ha ha I thought is was awesome and hillarious. So They night before the Luau Sister K and I got stuck getting the food ready. We cut 32 chicken breast by ourselves. I had a terrible knife and by the end my joints were in so much pain I couldn't even move my hand then I couln't even write about it in my journal because it hurt so bad! ha ha makes a great story though. So the Luau was SO awesome I just can't tell you how great it was and most of all how excited that I am that it is done and over.

So then Sunday i am sitting in church and one of the youg girls in the middle of the sacrament runs up to the bBranch President and says something and then lucky for me after sacrament and he nnounces the rogram and to my surprise I was speaking. I freaked. So I prayed REALLY REALLY REALLY hard and opened my scriptues read the first verse I had colored and prayed again and stood u to speak. It was actually incredible. I felt the sorot spilling out from my mouth. I read Mosiah 3:6-8 and I truly felt like it was one of the best talks I had ever given. The spirit comforted be so I wasn't nervous and I could speak. My Ukarinian sounded better than it ever has and all the members were at full attention. It was so powerful. I never would have thought I could do that. After everyone came up and told me what a onderful talk I gave and the counselor was shocked that it was on the spot. I am just so grateful the spirit helped me feel calm and then spoke through me. I know that is how it should feel on every lesson. That is how we can truly help people come unto Christ. They need to feel that spirit coming threw my bareing witness that their Father in Heaven loves them and That Jesus Christ truly is the Saviour and Redeemer of the world. That's where conversion happens.

I love this wrk. I know that I still have truly learned how to do it the very best and most effective way inorder to help these people get baptized by I am trying. I know that there is so much more I need to do and to learn in order to be a successful missionary and my time is running out but I just pray that I can be an instrument i the hands of the Lord to save at least one soul. That is where the true joy nd happiness comes from. open your mouths share the gopsel. and..... give a referral to the missionaries :) ha ha ha Love you all!!!
Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment