Sunday, July 18, 2010

Letter #4-Lauren's first mission miracle.

-So update at the MTC... This is HUGE NEWS!!! sit down and get ready.... NO MORE NYLONS!!!! Fianlly. seeing as it was what made me cry oon the way to the MTC they changed it for me. Kidding its MTC wide and I think world wide nylons are opptional, bright colors are preferred AND skirts only have to cover your knee while you sit. They don't have to come mid calf anymore. Crazy huh! So I wish they would have told us earlier so Mom and I didn't have to have such a painful time shopping. It is a miracle!

-So last week we had the scariest lady that gor fired from here come and volunteer to teach so we taught here and she hated us and told our teacher after. All the teacher's laughed and said that just her but i cried! ha ha ha I am over it now she is just helping me be a better missionary and I know that! So Tommorow we are teaching a full lesson 1 in all ukrainian! YIKES!!!!! That is a whole wee earlier than everyone else.. Why? Because we rock at ukrainian. Not its because it will be hard not matter when we dpo it but we can only get better! :)

-So yesterday We taught our progressing investigator aka our teacher and we committed him to baptism we tried two week earlier and he said no and i taught the sweetest lesson and gave an intense testimony of repentance and the holy ghost and he is getting baptised on the 24th. Of course this isn'rt real but the elders started teaching the same person and they change and progress depending on your teaching and we are the only ones that have done that good!

-Language! UGH! I am getting the hang of it but it is a tuffy for sure! I had a huge compliment from my teacher because i told my branch pres i was struggling with it and i guess he asked my teacher my teacher said I was smoking something because i am really good with the language and then later he said in front of the whole class that mine and sister c's pronouniation was the best! that made me feel pretty good about myself! He might just be saying it but I liked it anyways!
-Can't wait to hear from you soon! miss you!
Sister Schmidt

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing from Lauren. It makes me so happy to know she is doing well and picking up on the language. Thank you so much for posting her letters.

    ReplyDelete