Thursday, October 21, 2010

Letter #17

Okay so for the good stuff My week has been crazy we had sister carpenter and sister Murphy with us till Monday then sister carpenter and ellellian Monday night and then sister Zenger till Friday. WOW it was so nuts! but we love all the sisters and were excited to have them with us but it was nice to have our apartment to ourselves after a week of visitors. During that week I was with Sister Zenger I wanted to cry the whole time because her Russian is outstanding. She was being chatty Cathy on the phone and with everyone around her in Russian. It was a huge slap in the face to realize how crappy I am at my language. But I was way bummed about it and now I am okay again. Sister Carpenter is a lot better at the language too. But before that sister Murphy, who is now home said that it is impossible to learn Ukrainian in Kiev and just wait to get L'viv till I can really learn the language.
Well I figured I would give you the low down on all of our investigators so you know what is in my head 24/7. Elena is a 40 year old woman that wants to be a 17 year old. She wants to change but is struggling to make the changes necessary to change. She reads on occasion and prays but doesn't normally come to church. But she made a huge step and came to church. We are having to move her baptismal date back and Svetlana's too. She has a boyfriend/husband and has to get married before but doesn't want to live with him forever. Its a little difficult situation.Then we have Hadia that is amazing.
I wish that I was able to tell you more but I have to go. We have been on crazy errands because sister robins ion's credit card and passports all have been stolen so I don't have anymore time. Oh but I went to Dominno's this week! It just opens McDonald's just contract just went out. so now we get to go there I will send pictures soon!
Love you
Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment