Sunday, November 7, 2010

Letter #18-October 26th


Yesterday I sat for 13 hours straight it was the longest most
pointless day of my life. Actually I think I have had worse but
sister robinson was sick and slept all day and I sat and wrote letters
and more letters and more letters and read scriptures and cleaned. It
was rough. I spent the whole day in completer silence and you know me
i love music or even talking. It was really hard for me. I did my
best to be a good mother and nurse. Soemtimes its frustrationg the
way didfferent people react when they are sick. You just need
patience and love and then its okay. :)


My comp and I get a long good and we have a lot of fun together but
its also really hard. This week we had a lot of little frustrations
and I am a terrible persona nd need more patience. As we know I am
one that gets angry fast and then is happy fast and it doesnt work
that way with others. SO we had comp inventory and we both cried and
nbow things are working better. But things were never bad!

You all need to read none were with him by Elder Holland this week and
then read Mark 15. Wow thats what I did yesterday and wow! It was so
incredible. I am reading the old testiment and It is so amazing to
me! The Savior is incredible. The atonement is so intense and He did
it all for us. I cant even imagine the love that he has for us and
especially for his father in Heaven. What kind of love do we have for
OUR Father in Heaven. Would we be willing to do what th Savior did?
I think we all have the opportunity to show our love by serving His
children.

I have notice the people in Ukraine really do serve one another. This
week I was on a marshootka and I witnessed the smallest act of service
and it made me want to cry. There was a crippled man getting out of
the marshootka and was sdtruggleing to make the step on the the curb.
One random man just grabbed his jacket and lifted him up in order for
him to make it over the curb. So simple to watch one man help out
another but its so important. We are all here on the earth together.,
With the same goal. We want to come closer to Chirst and return to
our Father. Some forget this and thats why we need to help them
remember and also serve them daily. Look for services to help your
fellow man and you will find them.

WOORAY! I made my first phone call in Ukrainian. I thought it was an
english speaker we knew so I answered and this lady spoke to me in
Ukrainian. and I UNDERSTOOD the whole thing. spoke back schedualed
our meeting and hung up! I am super excited but didnt show it! but
yeay! I am going to make it in Ukraine even if it is in slaughtered
Ukarainian. then Yesterday sister robinson was sleeping and I
answered the phone and talked to some more people. Those ones were
rough because it was russian. Heavenly Father blessed me to have my
first phone call with the ONLY ukrainian investigator we have in order
for me to gain the confidence needed to do it a lot later in the week
in russian. YEAY for blessings!!!!

We had 5 baptismal dates and unfortunately have watched them go to 2,
for one reason or another they are not ready. I want to help these
people but Its way hard. I have this love for them and cant express
it at all. and I cant understand them enough to know hopw to help
them. I think thats why memebers are so important!

Ah no time!

Here is my letter to President:
Dear President Steinagel,

This last week has been a great week. Sister Robinson and I really
focused on planning better. One thing we focused on was set our goals
then planning how to achieve them and THEN scheduling our week/day.
It was amazing how much better our week turned out. We set a goal to
relook at our lesson goals evernight and see where we were at and what
we had to achieve our weekly goals. Everything we did focused on
putting every effort to achoeving them. Are our goal was 13 lessons
this last week and we got 16, Mid week we caught fire and committed
ourselves to talk to EVERYONE. It was amazing the people we found in
some of the most random places. We even had a lesson with a bathroom
attendant, in the bathroom.

I have really caught fire of wanting to be a better planner and I want
to become a master planner. Not just for now but for the rest of my
life. When you really focus on the time you have and plan right you
can do great things. We had a miracle on Sunday. We really wanted to
reach our goal for meetings and prayed for Heavenly Fathers help in
order to do it. As the day went on it felt like time stood still as
we travelled and met with people. We truely felt Heavenly Fathers
hand in our work slowing down the clock in order for us to have the
time to meet with His children and help them come unto him. The
longer I am hear the more my eyes open to this amazing experiences.
As I recognize them in my life more Heavnely Father blesses me with
more. It is an endless cycle. I love this work its so fun.

We have been able to set a lit of dates lately but have struggled to
keep them going. It feels like as soon as we set one date another
falls through. Our investigators our so fragile and it is important
to focus on every single one of them but I feel like its not fully
working. I dont know how to help our investigators progress to their
date and be ready if they arent meetings as often as beeded. Its also
difficult to get them to understand the importance of coming to
church. We are really working with them to understand. Sister
Robinson is amazing. She has so much patience with me. I struggle to
pull my wight in the companionship because I feel incompitent in my
language abilities but I do my best to keep my head up and just keep
smiling and doing my best. She is a great example. Its amazing how
the harder we work the more fun we have. I do have a question. I
understand it might take a while to reply but we were wondering if it
is acceptable to have meetings on the temple grounds. A lot of our
dates have come from lessons where the investigator is on temple
grounds and can keep the power of the spirit even stronger. I know it
is preferred to have lessons in their homes but if its not possible is
the temple grounds an acceptiable place?

Thanks for all you do. We love you and your family!
Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment