Sunday, November 7, 2010

Letter #19 November 2

Good morning to the greatest people in the whole world!
First of all what happened to October. It got lost and all I can find is November! AHHH! So in two days I will have been in Ukraine for two months. time is so crazy here! It totally confuses me! I love all your e-mails! I was so excited to hear from you all I can't wait to read them later today! This week was great because I got e-mails from two of my best Friends Steve and Elder Gates! It would have been complete but TAy Tay forgot about me because he got a girlfriend. Yeay I am excited to get McKell's wedding invitation. I wish I was there! (well sorta) if I wasn't here :)
This weeks theme was GROWTH!
I was able to grow a lot. My patience, love, language and attention span was all tried this week. And I think I won because I grew a lot from the experience.
Patience and Love- Sister Robinson was still sick this week. We only spent one day doing lessons. It was a long day and she was such a trooper I was so proud of her. We did service and then had two lessons. It pretty much killed her (not really) and we spent the rest of the weekend inside except once to get food at the store and then church. I didn't love being inside in silence. It was really hard for me. I wanted to be out doing stuff but we just couldn't. I learned to have more love in my heart and to serve even when it was hard for me, because I don't matter. It is important to love your companion and serve her with all you have because she is so important and if you don't have a good relationship with her you can't be a good missionary. So I made soup two to three times a day cleaned a lot and learned how to be a better mommy. I think I will do alright when I have little ones. I can handle being a nurse.
Language- while she slept all day I manned the phones. I told you about last Monday, my first phone call. Before that I never touched the phone,not even to the elders. Then all of a sudden I was in charge of phone calls not only English but Ukrainian and Russian as well. I grew SO much! I was SO happy! I can't even tell you. I a confident on the phone! It is SO hard. But I can do it!!! I laugh and sometimes have NO CLUE what they are saying to me but some how we can communicate. It just makes me so excited. I have a 16 minute conversation with on of our investigators. It was so awesome! I really am going to survive in this country. It might be in broke Ukrainian for 15 months and a lot of laughter and crying but I am going to make it. i have really felt your prayers. They strengthen me SO much! I really feel your love and it lifts me up when I get down! We also had three Russian sisters stay at our apartment last night. They are serving in Siberia and are here for a visa trip. They are all Ukraine natives. We did a split and I went with two of them and sister Robinson went with one. I lucked out and got the ones that didn't speak an ounce of English and knew a little Ukrainian. It was awesome and hard. I wanted to get to know them more but I just wasn't completely able to in Ukrainian. They are so cure. It was a success I got them safely to our apartment and went shopping. It was way awkward when they left me by myself in the store. I didn't know what to do. I had never been alone before (in the last 4 months) I survived tho. i didn't to anything illegal! :)
Attention Span- I can't sit in an Apartment for 6 days. That was way hard. I don't know how to be effective with so much time! It was rough. i really wish I would have been better. I studied a lot but wanted to study more. I don't feel like i learned as much as I should have. I read a ton of talks and am cruising through the new testament! I love it. Christ is incredible and if you ever forget it just read the new testament! and the book of Mormon of course! But WOW! . I wish I would have really worked harder while I was studying. Or actually just studied smarter. I struggle with that. I need to study better. Any suggestions family friends RMs? So that is where i am still working on growing! There are a lot of areas I am still trying to grow in!
I am so greatful for this opportunity to be a missionary. I am loving the ways it stretches me and helps me grow to be a better person. I know that I will be a better freind, mother, daughter, sister, and wife because of the experiences I have had here. I am so grateful for all of you and the love I feel from you. I am love Ukraine. It is an amazing place with the most amazing people. I love the work and I know that there is nothing that would be better than being here doing what I am doing. What a blessing! I love you so much! I am sorry this is a boring e-mail. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment