Sunday, November 21, 2010

Letter #21 November 15

So what's new! LOTS! As always!

I went to the Kyiv ballet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I put
enough ! but I loved it. It was amazing! I can't even express the
love I have for it. The opera house was beautiful! Ah We took time
off of P-day and went thursday night. We are able to do that once a
transfer. Our mission president is the coolest man ever! It was
awesome! But we didn't get hope till 11 oops! and then we were locked
out of our apartment. It was crazy for about ten minutes then we
realized we had another lock and the landlord locked it so we got in
and went to bed at 11:30 needless I was a little tired the next day!
But it was incredible. I WENT TO THE KYIV BALLET I can't think of
anything cooler. (besides missionary work... of course)

We had a girls day! Last P-day we went to luch with the other sisters
in Kyiv and we had mexican food! Sister Zenger and I spent 140 greven!
aka like 16 dollars which is a TON!!!!!!!!!!!! OOPS But it was so
fun! Pictures are coming!

We have had AMAZING weather! It is totally confusing! I complained
about how cold it is but now it is hott. Its been about 60 degrees
all this week and last week! WEIRD! I am loving it though. I just
hope the weather doesn't come back with a vegance! Normailly Ukraine
doesn't see the sun for all of november and december. But its been
sunny everyday. but it gets dark at 4:30 which is scary!

Speaking of scary yesterday a poor drunk man came into church and he
told us all about how he killed his brother. I have never sat next to
a murderer before. Bless his heart he wants to change. But he
deffinately changed the feeling in the church it was hard for me!
There are a lot of creepy men here. We have had to run away from them
a lot. This week was especially bad. Right after the drunk man left
another one of the elders investigators hugged me and kissed me. It
was so awkward. I am going to be an awkward missionary when I get
home for sure! Physical contact freaks me out!

This week missionary work was really hard for me. I have been
struggling with the language. I thought I was going to break down and
cry at church yesterday. But I toughened up and didn't/ I kept my
composure. Wow It's crazy how we can do such hard things! I am going
to find a lot more hard things coming my way in a week when I get
transferred and I am terrified! But I can do it. But I will need the
prayers for sure! Thanks!

I am starting an exchange today. I will be in a different area for
the next three days. My companion is going home in a transfer and
rocks at Russian. I am excited to be with her!

I am reading the Book of Mormon in one month. I challenge all of you
to do it too! I know that all of you will be able to do it! You just
have to commit it it. So commit right now. From the time you read
this, a month from now. It's inly 20
pages a day! It makes it so much cooler! I started on wednesday and
I am already 100 pages in! So You can do it. It's about 20 pages a
day! Good luck! Let me know How it goes!

I don't know how to be a missionary! I need all the help I can get.
I am struggling to know how to be the best missionary and help people
come unto Christ. I don't know what to say and do to help them. I
don't always feel that the spirit is guiding me in the places I should
go, the people to talk to or the things to say. I don't want to waste
the Lord's time! I know that I am doing the Lord's work and I wan to
do it the best I can. Tomorrow I hit my 5 month mark. That means I
only have 13 months left. A year and 1 month! WOW! Time flies. When
elders come to that point they are already seasoned missionaies and
know what they are doing! Me I am still green and I go home in a
year! How to a take advantage of the time I have to do this great
work!?

Well I am out of time! I love you all! Hope to hear from you next
week! LOVES!
Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment