Monday, November 29, 2010

Letter #22 November 29th

HEY FAMILY!!!!!!Guess what I just realized it's my half birthday! Holler! Life is GREAT!!!!!!!!! I Love my new area and my new companion. We already have way too much fun together. But in a good way. We are determined to be the best missionaries we can be. I bet you are dieing to know where I am. Ready.... I am in center Kiev! and I love it so much. I wanted to serve here so bad and with Sister Larsen (The one the Kiev thing was about during conference) I am the happiest girl. They whole mission was there when we got announced and I was expecting somewhere else and was not excited about it. So when President announced it the two of us flipped out. Everyone laughed. Ia m so excited but super bummed because she goes home this transfer. So I am nervous to learn all I need to about this area in 4 weeks. She is going home the 30 which is before transfers end so she can start school up at byu again. She is totally awesome. We are so much the same and our teaching style is the same and we have knock your socks off spiritual lessons. I feel the spirit with her so much when we teach. I am so stoked! This week has been incredible! Sister Robinson and I had the best last four days together. We worked so hard to see lots of people and have good lessons we then almost died (I can't tell you the story till I get home because Sister Robinson's parents would have a hard attack if they heard this story.) I know you would be okay if you heard it but I will tell you when I get home. Or maybe another time. Don't worry it wasn't that bad :) Then on Thursday we had a great thanksgiving! President had everyone come in from the entire mission! We all got together and had transfers and then we were able to have President Galbraith The Kiev temple President come talk to us. It was so sweet! He really drilled into us the importance of temples. It wasso cool to hear him and everyhting he had to say. He is an amazing man. I am really starting to the catch the vision of it all. I am so slow to realize something but wow! The temple is amazing. So after that we ate THANKSGIVING DINNER! All the Senior missionary couples worked so hard and cooked a great meal for us. We had chicken and stuffing and potatoes and grav. I was in heaven and then every one brought a pie. It was so great. We then got to watch the Kiev temple thing from conference. wasn't that cool!!! You need to re watch it! I know everyone from the video. All the kids singing are everyone from my ward. They interviewed my bishop and the two churches you saw were my old area and the elders were in my district. Elder sorenson is my buddy! We are tight! and then all about sister Larsen and her mom! Oh man! Family! That is my life right now. You can watch that and honestly see everyone I talk to and work with through the week! That is the closest thing to knowing what I am doing! Watch it again! :) The pictures I sent were taken 10 minutes ago! That's whats going down in Kiev! It is so cold! I still haven't bought my real winter coat! So that is what is on the agenda right after this because I think I might start to freak soon. It's been great weather before today! I apologize for spending money. My companion said that it will be about 200 dollars for a coat! Please forgive me! You can go to my bank and take it out and put it in my account. I got your package!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks I was so extatic when the first thing I saw was PB! Oh how my heart swelled! I am using the hair stuff so that will be good. Is the little bottles just supposed to go on my scalp or all throughout my hair? I love the sweater. Its the only thick thing I have. i think I am going to have to buy somemore. Did you not find my underarmour in my bag? If you forgot its okay I just woundered. And sister Larson has great music. I am so happy! I have missed music! I am getting behind on my readying! How is everyone else doing? Is anyone doing my challenge? This week I was at the coolest baptism ever. It was a husband and wife. young couple just found out about the church 4 weeks ago. The rule in the mission here is that they have to come to church 3 times in a row before they can get baptised so that is exactly what they did. They got baptised the earliest that was possible. He is going to be a 70 when he gets older. We are all convienced! He sang at his own baptism. he sang the song that I had at my baptism. The "I want to be the best I can to live with God again" I don't know what it is called! But he sang it in Russina it was beautiful and his wife played the piano! He is a professionall singer!!!! Have I mentioned how happy I am!? I love my life, I love what I am doing, the poeple around me, my companion, Kiev, all of it. It's all so amazing! I couldn't be anyhappier! I thought of one thing that would make me happier.. a baptism... which we have this weeked. she is 15 her name is jennya her mom irina got baptised two weeks ago. I went to her baptism. I haven't really done anyhting for the baptism so I don' really claim it. But I am excited for her! Will I goota go! Thanks for the love and prayers. Oh and Yes I am learning Russian right now! Ha it is way hard!!! But we laugh because we are so mixed up in languages! Ha I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Thanks for the prayers and love!!!!!Sister Schmidt "We can do no great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment