Thursday, August 5, 2010

Letter #7

-So I forgot to mention to you all I did "SYL" all day last Monday. That is Speak Yoiur Language. AKA I sope Ukrainian ALL day no english. Or at least that was the goal. I think I spoke about 10 english words. It was really neat to realize how much I know. (an don't know) It was really neat. It felt like a sin to start speaking English again. Anyways We have continued to do it. We did it on Friday and Yesterday and for the biggest news..... We Go completely SYL next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am TERRIFIED! Hi my name is sister schmidt and I have a problem.... I am addicted to the English Language. Its ture I sure do Like to speak english mainly because Ukrainian is ubber hard! No worries though I am getting it! But SYL strats on Monday where we don't speak anymore enlish. Its hard because I am a social person and I can only talk to 8 people in the mtc my 5 distric members and 3 teachers. But we will see how the rules lay out!
-This week I had a really neat weird experience that I choose to classify as my miracle of the day. It was fast and testimony meeting (which is the coolest thing at the mtc) I got up and was thinking in Ukrainian and I was supposed to be speaiking in english. It was totally funny! I was like " I know that joseph smith saw god the father and his son in the ......... (i totally couldn't think of the word the 10 seconds i was stuck felt like 5 minutes... and then I said..) FORREST. Ha I could remember sacred grove. It was funny! I am a goof. I was stuck on Ukrainian. This makes me seem like I am better at my language than I am but I am going to let you minds think I am great with it! That doesn't mean you should stop praying for my language abilities. ;)
-This morning was wonderful in the temple! I* loved it! I missed the temple and didn't know it. So anyways I had a really cool realization. People are praying for all of us on missions all the time. It was very personal realization that I have angels on my side helping me push through the difficult times and rejoycing with me in the good times! It was neat. They really do pray for missionaries And i forgot I am a missionary sometimes!!! Oh it was great!
Heather when I refer to TAy TAy that is Taylor Brown. He sent me a funny dear elder saying that you hadn't updated the blog and was going to threaten to beat you up. You would like hiom! You should be his freind! But anyways I love you all! I leave in like 3.5 weeks! AH !!!!!!!!!! Tahks for all your support! I really do feel the love and prayers!
Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment