Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Letter #8

To the bestest Family in tho world!!!!
-Wow So It is offciall, As of yesterday my main language is Ukrainian. I hove only been out 7.5 weeks and I only speak Ukrainian. That seems impossible right... WRONG. I can kibnda do it! Key word kind of. On Saturday we had another SYL day don't you worry I cried. Ha ha I swear I wasn't that emptional before the mission. My teachers don't believe me when I tell them that I wasn't a big crier. It has become a joke because I laugh and cry at the same time! I will clearify...,. I don't cry all the time maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks but thats a lot! But it is all good I know "Ican do hard things" One of my sweet elders could tell I was struggling and says that to me in Ukrainian when I get frustrated. What a little stud!

-So bad news! I have shin splints.
-The last few weeks I have been of sugar... because I have an addiction to sugar and I stopped cold turkey in order to gaine a better understanding of how my investigators would feel when I told them to quite smoking and drinking. It was really interesting. I have no clue how hard the other would be because no sugar is supper! hard when ever one is going to town on yummy treats! but I did it! :) on that note I did crave moms gingersnap cookie sandwiches... (hint hint wink wink) just kidding! but if you make them feel free to send them :)
-Yeah the temple is being dedicated in Kiev this month!!!!! So awesome! Its beautiful! Go onto LDS.org and then on the right go to newsroom it will have stuff about the temple and pictures! You gotta look at it! It reminds me of the draper temple so even though i will be on the otherside of the world I will still see it and remember all of you! The neat thing is the mission office is on the temple grounds! It is one of the first opplaces we go when we get there! Isn't that so neat! I want to go throught it but it makes me nervous how that works in a different language. dad feel free to tell me a little bit how you did it when we were in europe. :)
-Did you all watch the video of it and see my teacher! He TERRIFIED me at first. But he is totally awesome! That would be so cool if Nate schipp baptised hise wife Olgia! She is awesome! We taught her as an investigator once! I can't wait to ask him (in my broken ukrainian) I would love to make that cool connection! Hoe often Does Nate Schipp go back to Ukraine?

-Did Leslie Rienhold say if she was going to the dedication of the temple? I wish I was going to be there but how lucky am I to be able to be a missionary after the first temple in Eastern Europe is dedicated! That is so neat and of all places it is at my mission "headquarters" ha ha That sure does tell you something about the people of Ukraine. I already love them and don't even know them!
-This past week we had the russian native's come to the MTC Wow they are the coolest people ever! I love them soo much! I can only speak to them in broke english and russian. One of the sisters is from Odessa Ukraine and she understands Ukrainian. All the others just speak Russian, except one Elders he is amazing! He speaks like 8 languages including Finnish!!!!! Thats like the hardest language in the world! Maybe :) But Its neat to talk to them and play gestures! They are so sweet it makes me so excited for the people of Ukraine!
-So Lately I have been blazing through the Book of Mormon. I don't think anyof you realize what a cool book it is! I sure do love it. Strive to read to Everyday and start studying with a prayer it makes it more meaningful! Also Today I got to the temple and we did initatories It made me think of you mommy! I loved it! That is so neat to recieve all those blessings! Strive to go to the temple everyweek. Boys Baptisms are awesome Braden I know you go lots but take you little bro with you and just go as brothers that would be so neat. I remember when we went as a family! That was such a cool experience. I will come home and do them with you again!
-Family! Apparently Pictures are huge to the people of Ukraine. I know it would be a challenge but do you think you could send me some real pictures I can get a album here to put them in but some of the family and when we were growing up plus I would love to look at them and get a laugh. Also will you save all my weekly emails on the computer somewhere I have a sweet idea after the mission!!!!
-Anyways my time is almost up I am super sorry for the miss spelled worlds. Thanks fo rhte prayers I need them I am praying for you as well! thaks for all the letters! Dad tell bryan Hi for me and thanks for the e-mail!
-And yes Steves e-mails are so powerful! I love them! He makes me want to be an amazing missionary as wellll. I sure his parents are so proud!!! LOVe you all! Thanks for all the letters and dear elders. They mean so much to me you have no idea. I am going to be depressed when I get to Ukraine andd don't get as many!!!! I love you family! Can't wait to here more about the trip and campling!
CETPA WMIT

No comments:

Post a Comment