Monday, August 1, 2011

Letter #56 August 1

HI!

What do you knw it's me again. I wonder if these e-mails ever get borring after all you get it everyweek and they dont change very much. First off it's official, Dad saw my Elders and what was supposed to be me at the airport. Maybe it's a lot better we didnt see one another. Second of all because of that situation I now have news. As stated previously I have not recieved my visa, SO I got a phone call this morning it's the last P-day of the transfer. We were sure one of us was leaving and I figured it was me but I didn't start packing because I just wasn't sure. okay back to this morning. I get a phonecall from one of the office elders informing me that they just bought my tickets to go to bulgaria AGAIN....best news I fly out from Kiev TOMORROW. So that means we have to put 2 and 2 together I am in L'viv an 8 hour train right away.... YES I hav to hurry and pack tonight. Then he states you will get back on thursday right after transfers... So I thought wait one of us is getting transferred do we come back after transferrs or what? They say uh.... I will have the assistants call you..... So I get a phone call about ten minutes later saying Sister Schmidt I have permission to let you know you are being transferred and you have to pack up all your stuff BEFORE Bulgaria. That means I have to once again pack up and leave in the same day. Last time I at least had 14 hours this time i have ten. I know you are all wondering did I cry? Sure did. I have come to realize that Heavenly Father LOVES to keep me on my toes. I have yet to feel secure when transfers come around. So I am writing this and then running home to pack and be one a train by 8 tonight. I then fly to Bulgaria stay there till Thursday and come back to a whole new life and area where I don't know my companion but the whole mission already does. Yikes its crazy family. Sister K and I laughed and though gee what is heavenly father preparing for in my life. Maybe I will never have a stable place to be. Maybe I will marry an army man and be moving from base to base out of the blue. ha ha Just kidding I don't think I would marry an army man but it's just interesting!

I am sad to leave my area but I am ready. I feel like it is time for Sister K to take over to truly feel the love of L'viv and learn the area. I know that there are more people and places that need to touch my heart and change my life as well as I to them. I had a great last Sunday. President came to L'viv and we had an 8 hour zone conference. It went by so fast and was a great experience for me. I really loved it. Then he stayed and spoke to the branches. I had to speak before him and I was terrified I guess it was the first tie in his life he heard a sister missionary speak. Too bad I batched it and can't speak Ukrainian I just said the same thing just in 7 different ways. Ha then we had branch lunch and it broke my heart as I saw these people get a craze in their eyes because they are all so hungry. people don't have money here! :( and then we all took a few pictures and one member that I have been working with trying to get him to get over some issues came and personally thanked me for the influence I had on his life and that he says I really helped him and he can't explain by words the way he feels. I almost cried because I truly felt like he meant it and I knew all the meetings we had and talks to help him understand things. Then the branch president heard I might be leaving and said that he really loved having me here and that Sister K and I were the best companionship they have had in the branch for a really long time. It was sad but it was such a great Sunday. We took lots of pictures and it was just a wonderful way to end my service in this area. i love these people so much. They have all touched my heart and changed my life. I know that missionaries come and go and they barely remember who serves in their branches but I am just so grateful to been able to work with them an strengthen them and they strengthen my testimony. This work is amazing. I am not here to help these people they are here to help and strengthen me. For that missions are such a selfish thing. We ALWAYS come out of top even though it seemed like a sacrifice at first. I am changing and growing thanks to this work and I am so far away from my potential but it is a progress and that is how we grow and involve is through time as we sit in the hands of our God and Savior and they mold us and shape us. I love you all I will let you know how Bulgaria was for round two and where and with whom I am serving. Spread the word and spread the love.

Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment