Monday, August 1, 2011

Letter #55 July 25th

Hi family!

Where did July go? Everyday I walk out of the apartment and snicker. I keep thinking its the beginning of May. The weather here is so amazing. It has not gotten over about 90-95 degrees all summer. Everyday it sprinkles a little day and keeps things cool and moist. Heavenly Father really is controlling the weather for me on my mission The summer and winter here have been very mild but the years before were very extreme. I am a very grateful sister! (and Aunt) ha ha I love saying that I am an auntie now. Heather and Rich will you start Charlotte now to say Teetka because Teetka means aunt in Ukrainian or teetchka which means auntie (in cutesier form of course) She is adorable! Congrats on the baby blessing. Does she have a middle name?

Well I am back in L'viv. I flew in to Kiev of Tuesday late night and then Wednesday went to the temple and got on a train to l'viv. We normally take night trains from 10:30 to 6:30 but they didn't have anymore so we had to take a train that was ten hours long from 3 in the after non till 1 in the morning. It was really old and gross and hot but I was just happy to get back to L'viv. I missed everyone so much. On Sunday they all ran up to me to ask me how Bulgaria was. It was nice that they missed us. Well we worked rally had and were blessed with good numbers even though we weren't in our area for the first half of the week.

I have great news! One of our investigators, Isabella (a 70 yr old grandma that is a singer) is getting baptized. Our first meeting she said she thinks she wants to get baptized and then we looked at dates she said the 21 or the 23 well having us be gone so long she wasn't ready or wanting to get baptized on Saturday. But we have been working and praying and fasting for her and she i probably getting baptized this Saturday. It is a little crazy of a day and week though. Because it is the last full week before transfers and on Saturday we have an 8 hour long zone conference so we will have zone conference Saturday from 9-5 then 6 will be her baptism. She still has a lot of fears and is worried about the ugly baptismal outfit. Will you pray for her to have the courage and faith it takes to get baptized this Saturday and in your prayer will yo specifically pray for her to not be worried about what she is wearing. (its a big deal to her :) ) So please for her and excercise your faith to help her.

Well We also have a few other investigators. Bogdana is a refferral from the brach President. I love her and get so frustrated with her at the same time. It's funny. I feel the way mom probably felt about me when I was in high school. I seemed to work out okay so I think Bogdana will too. She is cute and accepting but she tries to sell my vitamins all the time but she still wants to know about the message. It's confusing. We also have the twins. The are very active socially but I think that the young members have become a bad exapme for them. They have talked about the different members and that the bad things they do at church. It is stressful because I try to be an example but oh man it gets frustrating. I am learning patience and understanding how my parents had to deal with me and my poor sunday school teachers. Bless all their hearts for putting up with me. Thanks everyone for putting up with me becasue i was so difficult! ha ha I love you all the much! Please remember to pray for our investigators especially Isabella! I love you all!

Sister schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment