Sunday, August 28, 2011

Letter #59 August 22

Hi Family,

Well this week has been a good week. they are all just going by so fast which is just crazy. I feel like everyhting in my life is great and i wish that I could share EVERYTHING that I did so that you can understand but it's just not possible and when i get home life will be going just as fast and I will never really be able to tell you wheat happened and how I felt throughout different times on my mission. And the sad thing is that I feel the same way about you all. i want to know EVERYTHINg you are doing in your lives and I want to know how you feel and all the little details of your lives but it's just not possible. It's just a weird feeling. I hope you are keeping good journals so we can play story time when I get home.

Well this week my companion and i have been successful at running EVERY morning. Yes (minus Sunday) we have gone running in the mornings. 12 times in the last 2 weeks. But I have gotten worse at eating ha ha ha so funny! But It's good fun. So this week we have been meeting with lots of less actives and having success 3 of the less actives on our list was at church this week it was great. It is exciting seeing people coming back and feeling the love and joy that comes from this gospel. I know that this is the happiest I have ever been in my life because I am getting to share the joy that I have found in the gospel. We talk about the amazing temple that blesses the land of Ukraine and I think about the MANy temples that bless Utah. But how many of us really let them bless us personally. I definitely didn't take advantage of the temples when I was home but now i true know how important they are because I see people giving all the have in order to come to the Kiev Ukraine Temple. What it takes them to come is nothing what does it take us at home to go? a 5 minute drive and 2 hours of our time all for the blessings of Heaven to have Heavenly Father to stand with you and strengthen you through out your week. Sounds like an unfair trade yet its what we have and we don't take it. Crazy.

Well We had a miracle where we had a lesson in a park with a friends of a member ( the friend was not with us) ans she committed to church ( and came) and then we were leaving after the lesson and this lady ran to us and recognized us as representatives of Christ and asked to talk to us. So we did. We talk to her and she saw the Book of Mormon and realized that she had a friend that was a member. It so happened to be the exact same member. I called the member that night and thanked her for being a great member and being an example of the believers. It strengthened my testimony of member missionary work that they really are doing their part by being great examples. That can also be an example to all of us. That we want to walk and be recognized as believers whether we have a name tag or not. There are eyes on us all the time. Members and non members. We still want to be seen as true believers of Christ that we live the gospel not just believe it. So I challenge you to look at yourself and see what parts of your character need work so you can let your light shine so that others can see that you walk with Heavenly Father. I know that as we do this Heavenly Father will rejoice and bless us and help us in all aspects of our lives. i love you all so much. Have a great week.

Till next time!

Sister Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment