Friday, August 24, 2012

Not very missionary like!


I love Ukrainians!  I love members of this church!  I was able to go to the ward by the temple where I served 9 months of my mission!  I was so excited to see so many people that I love so dearly! 

Funny story.... I had just bought a dress from Old Navy (Yes Tiff, I went back and bought the same drew as you! I just want to be you!!) Well the dress got pretty wrinkly in my suitcase.  At out hotel they do an ironing service and so we paid quite a bit of money for our sunday clothiers to be ironed.  Well those little sneaky people just put them in the dryer not ironing them at all.  Well my dress comes back still wrinkly but it shrunk so I was wearing a pretty borderline inappropriate dress to church! Not very return missionary appropriate!  I was totally feeling awkward but what can you do!? so anyways, my heart was pounding when I got there.  I was warming welcomed by Katya, President’s daughter and some of the sister missionaries that I met when they were in the MTC.  Sister Moore and Sister Daniel!

Left to right: Sister Daniel, Me, Katya, and Sister Moore!

After the first sacrament meeting with the international branch I went to the Borshahivskiy Ward where I was able to see many people that I love so much including Layra and Lyuda

Picture with Layra

As well as Polina.  I wish I would have been able to take more pictures with the members but it was pretty crazy!

Picture with Polina (who looks adorable but I need to stop talking.  My tongue looks crazy!)

After church my family was able to go over to Frank and Oksana Plashel’s.  They are the coolest family ever!  Every member of their family speaks english amazingly, even little Fruktik who is about four can speak in English. Fruktik loved to play with Braden and Garrett.  I think it was because they were still in their dress clothes so her thought they were missionaries.  I giggled all night long!

Best goodbye I got from a boy....  too bad he is four!!

Greg, Fruktik and Bubs (Braden)

No comments:

Post a Comment